Early Head Start, for children ages
6 weeks to 2 years old, is now available at the
Northside and Northwest (formerly John C. Cudahy YMCA) Early Childhood Education
Centers! For more information contact Christine Larson at 414-357-1901.
EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION
A Place Just Right for Them - And for You!
The first six years of a child’s life are crucial; a time when children develop their mental and social functions at a rapid pace. This development is greatly influenced by their educational environment.
Through the use of guided self-discovery and experiential learning, the Y’s Early Childhood Education teachers focus on providing experiences to facilitate your child’s cognitive, social, physical, and emotional growth. Each day offers unique, expertly designed programs for infants from 6 weeks to 5 years of age.
Choosing the Best!
What's important to know about our Early Childhood Education Centers...
- National Accreditation Commission (NAC) Accredited – a rigorous review of program quality. Click here to learn more.
- All centers are licensed by the State of Wisconsin and have received a 5-Star rating from YoungStar – the highest rating you can achieve. Click here to learn more.
- Children enrolled in three or more days of care in one of our Early Childhood Education Centers will receive a 50 percent discount on a family membership. Find the YMCA nearest you by clicking here.
- The Y has made a commitment to quality and safety at each of our Early Childhood Education Centers. The educational environment is complemented by the use of Creative Curriculum and Teaching Strategies GOLD. These program models are considered the highest quality emergent curriculum and assessments in early childhood:
Creative Curriculum: a developmentally appropriate curriculum focusing on nine developmental domains and aligned with the Common Core and the Wisconsin Model Early Learning Standards.
Teaching Strategies GOLD: an online assessment tool for early childhood – see your child’s learning in progress!
- We encourage family involvement in your child’s development and learning.
Parent-Teacher Conferences are offered throughout the year, and we strongly encourage all of families to attend.
Family Events and Workshops are offered throughout the year – come join your child and leave the activity planning to us!
- The Y’s Early Childhood Education program is staffed with teachers who provide a nurturing environment and enriching experiences to facilitate your child’s cognitive, social, physical and emotional growth.
We’re here to serve children ages 6 weeks to 5 years old at our two Early Childhood Education Centers. Please contact us for space availability and rates. The YMCA is a state-licensed provider of child care services. We accept W-2 (Wisconsin Shares) child care benefits and offer scholarships to those who qualify.
We are grateful for the support of: